• Fiancé Applications

    Fiancés Entry clearance is given for six months, during which time you will not be allowed to work. You must show the following: that you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within six months of arrival in the UK (though in exceptional circumstances an extension of this time-limit Read More
  • Student Applications

    Tier 4 - Students If you are applying to extend your Tier 4 (Student) leave the gap between the end of your current leave and the start of your studies must be no more than 28 days.This change will affect all Tier 4 applications for further leave to remain that are Read More
  • British Citizenship

    British Citizenship Applying for British citizenship if you are married to a British citizen You must have been living in the United Kingdom for three years continuously. This means you must not have been absent for more than 270 days in total and not more than 90 days in the Read More
  • Business Visa Applications

    Visiting the UK for Business To come to the UK as a business visitor, you must be able to show that: you are 18 or over; you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you are an academic visitor), unless you are Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

10 years Lawful


Someone who has lived in the United Kingdom for a period of 10 years may apply for indefinite leave to remain if his or her presence in the UK over this time has been lawful. Unless one of the following applies, indefinite leave to remain will normally be granted:

  • The 10 years period has been broken.
  • There are public interest reasons to refuse the application.
  • The individual fails to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the English language and of life in the United Kingdom


Login Form

Who's Online

We have 39 guests and one member online

  • Samzytieta