• Fiancé Applications

    Fiancés Entry clearance is given for six months, during which time you will not be allowed to work. You must show the following: that you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within six months of arrival in the UK (though in exceptional circumstances an extension of this time-limit Read More
  • Student Applications

    Tier 4 - Students If you are applying to extend your Tier 4 (Student) leave the gap between the end of your current leave and the start of your studies must be no more than 28 days.This change will affect all Tier 4 applications for further leave to remain that are Read More
  • British Citizenship

    British Citizenship Applying for British citizenship if you are married to a British citizen You must have been living in the United Kingdom for three years continuously. This means you must not have been absent for more than 270 days in total and not more than 90 days in the Read More
  • Business Visa Applications

    Visiting the UK for Business To come to the UK as a business visitor, you must be able to show that: you are 18 or over; you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you are an academic visitor), unless you are Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tier 1


To qualify to settle in the UK under the HSMP, you must:

  • have been living here legally for the last 5 years; and
  • currently have permission to stay here as a highly skilled migrant; and
  • have been in the UK as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder or innovator throughout the 5 years; and
  • have maintained and accommodated yourself and any dependants without the use of public funds throughout the 5 years; and
  • have been employed, self-employed or a combination of both throughout the 5 years; and
  • have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK.

During the continuous residence period, you cannot be outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 consecutive months.

Time spent in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man may be included in the continuous period, as long as you were given permission to stay (also known as leave) as either highly skilled migrant, a work permit holder in an occupation that you would have been given a work permit for in the UK, or an innovator.

Your most recent permission to stay must have been given in the UK as a highly skilled migrant.

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 11 guests and 2 members online

  • AaronzNup
  • Samzytieta