• Fiancé Applications

    Fiancés Entry clearance is given for six months, during which time you will not be allowed to work. You must show the following: that you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within six months of arrival in the UK (though in exceptional circumstances an extension of this time-limit Read More
  • Student Applications

    Tier 4 - Students If you are applying to extend your Tier 4 (Student) leave the gap between the end of your current leave and the start of your studies must be no more than 28 days.This change will affect all Tier 4 applications for further leave to remain that are Read More
  • British Citizenship

    British Citizenship Applying for British citizenship if you are married to a British citizen You must have been living in the United Kingdom for three years continuously. This means you must not have been absent for more than 270 days in total and not more than 90 days in the Read More
  • Business Visa Applications

    Visiting the UK for Business To come to the UK as a business visitor, you must be able to show that: you are 18 or over; you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you are an academic visitor), unless you are Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Medical treatment


To come to the UK as a visitor for private medical treatment, you must be able to provide satisfactory evidence of:


your medical condition and the consultation or treatment that you need;

the estimated costs of the consultation or treatment; and

the likely duration of your visit.

You must be able to show that:


the proposed course of treatment is of finite duration;

you have made satisfactory arrangements for the necessary consultation or treatment, at your own expense;

you intend to leave the UK at the end of your treatment;

you have enough money to pay for the consultation or treatment;

you also have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependents will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;

you have satisfied the Medical Inspector that there is no danger to public health, if you are suffering from a communicable disease;

you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and

you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

 Contact Harris & Green Solicitors to discuss the documentation you will require and to take advantage of our sponsorship declaration preparation service.

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 24 guests and 2 members online

  • AaronzNup
  • Samzytieta